An accelerator program for development of early stage food ideas – a new product, service, social enterprise, campaign, event or community project. Doing Something Good ran the first prototype of this program in 2015 and is running the 2nd in partnership with City of Melbourne and Open Food Network in August 2016.
- grow their understanding of key issues, challenges and opportunities in the food sector and
- build their capability to be innovative and scale your impact — by learning and applying the principles of design thinking, Lean Startup and systems thinking;
- produce an effective Communications and Engagement Plan based on the principles of strategic communications and 21st century movement building;
- complete a project plan with a sustainable business or funding model, and
- develop their ability to work creatively and collaboratively in groups, effectively lead teams, and achieve measurable outcomes through your work.
The program will be developed into a free online resource and made available on the OFN learn site in October 2016.
David Hood at Doing Something Good is also keen to talk to other local governments or regional networks that are interested in running Local Food Launchpad programs in their localities
For more information visit the Local Food Launchpad website.