Transferring ownership of a profile
There are some cases where users need to transfer ownership of a profile to other users. For instance, when a hub or group page is getting set up, producer profiles are often created by the hub or group, on behalf of the producer. This page outlines how, as a profile owner, you can transfer ownership of a profile to someone else.
The first step is to go to the Users section of the profile.
If the new owner has already created an OFN login.
- You can add the new owner as a manager of the profile by searching for the user in the Manager dropdown field
- Once they’ve been added as the manager, you can then add them as the Owner
If the new owner hasn’t created a login to OFN yet.
- Type the new user’s email in the Notifications field.
- This will trigger an email confirmation to be sent to the email. Once the user confirms their email, they’ll be prompted to create a password to login to OFN. When confirmed, they’ll automatically be made a manager of the enterprise, and be the notification email.
- You can then make that user the Owner, and remove yourself as a manager if you wish.
*Note: Users require permission to own/manage more than one profile. If you get a message saying that the new owner/manager of a profile has reached their enterprise limit, email us and we’ll grant the user permission to own additional profiles.